- ½ lb salt cod
- Large onion chopped in large pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cup warm water with 5 tbsp of flour added and mixed
- Pepper and salt
- Soak cod in a bowl of water overnight.
- Remove skin.
- Draw fresh water and boil the fish until tender.
- For the drawn butter, put onions in a large saucepan with butter. Saute’ slightly.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Gradually add water / flour mixture to butter and onions to make sauce.
- Serve cod with mashed potatoes and drawn butter on the side.
Thanks to Jane McGrath (2004) for the recipe!