(30 to 40 minutes at 350F)
- 4 chicken breasts, no bone, no skin
- 1 c. mushrooms sauteed
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1c shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt, garlic, and Tabasco sauce to suit your taste
- Cracker crumbs
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Melt a small amount of butter in frying pan.
- Saute’ the mushrooms, add flour, cheese and seasonings.
- This mixture will be become a thick sticky paste. Let cool.
- Fill the chicken breasts with the paste and roll up.
- May require toothpicks or skewers to hold in place.
- Roll breasts in cracker crumbs.
- Put on a rack to bake until tender.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!