(Marinate for at least 8 hours)
- 750 g flank steak
- 1/4 cup or more of hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup sherry or rice wine
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 grated Onion chopped OR 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp grated ginger root
- Slice beef while still slightly frozen into thin strips across the grain.
- Strips should be suitable for threading on a skewer.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and marinate at least 8 hours. Overnight is better.
- When ready to BBQ, thread beef on skewers that have been soaked in water a few minutes.
- Cook about 10-12 min turning every few minutes.
- Beef should be lightly seared on the outside. Do not overcook.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!