Grandma sent me these cookies when I was in college. I had to hide them from my room mate!
- 3/4 c soft butter
- 1 egg
- 1 c sugar
- 1/4 c molasses (rinse measuring cup w water before adding molasses)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 3/4 c flour
- 3/4 c Quick rolled oats
- Preheat Oven to 350
- With mix master, beat together butter, egg and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in molasses and mix
- Add dry ingredients except rolled oats and mix with dough attachment
- Add in rolled oats and mix by hand.
- Form dough into 1″ balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Smear a small amount of butter on the bottom of a small drinking glass.
- Dip bottom of glass in sugar (for each ball), shake off excess, press down ball until approx 1/4″ thick.
- Bake about 10 min. Do not overbake.
- Leave on cookie sheet a couple of minutes to set and then transfer to container with tight fitting lid.
- Can be frozen.
Thanks to Four Generations of Family Favourites for the recipe!