Making Cauliflower awesome!
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 3-4 tbsp of flour
- 1-2 cup of milk
- ¼ to ½ container of Imperial Sharp Cheese or shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt / pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper for zip
- 1 tsp of dry mustard
- Cauliflower florets, washed
- In a large saucepan, melt butter, add enough flour to make a rou (paste).
- Add mild a small amount at a time initially and mix well before adding more milk.
- When sauce has been thinned out to desired consistency, add cheese and seasonings.
- Cook sauce on low heat until cheese is melted.
- Add more milk if necessary.
- Cook the cauliflower.
- You can microwave until barely tender or boil a couple of minutes or my favourite..saute’ in a small amount of vegetable oil until browned and tender.
- Don’t overcook the cauliflower..leave it slightly underdone.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower and mix gently.
- Serve hot. Extra sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!