(30 minutes at 350F)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, ¾ “ cubes
- Olive oil to coat squash, salt and pepper to season squash
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 3/4 cup fresh, or frozen, or dried cranberries
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Toss the squash with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread on a baking sheets and roast for 20 – 25 min. turning occasionally until tender and golden.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- This can be done ahead of time and held until final mixing stage.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add quinoa, and cook for 12 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Toss quinoa with remaining ingredients and serve warm.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!