This is an old Brumfit family recipe…handed down through the generations. Still yummy! Great with rice and a salad.
- 1 c. cracker crumbs, Garden Vegetable or similar
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 c ketchup
- 1/4 c water
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- Preheat Oven to 325.
- Put crackers in a small zip lock bag and crush with rolling pin.
- Mix crumbs, milk, beef and salt together in a bowl.
- Roll mixture into 1 1/2″ balls and place in a shallow baking dish.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl or 4 c measuring cup and pour over the meat balls.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Thanks to Brumfit Family Cookbook for the recipe!