Needs to marinate overnight but worth the effort!
- 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1/4 c butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- grated lemon rind
- 1/2 tsp Tobasco sauce (hot sauce)
- 3 tbsp grated white / yellow onion
- 3 tsps brown sugar
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 c indonesian sweet soy sauce (Conimex or Ketjap brand names, can substitute Kikoman Teriyaki sauce in a pinch)
- salt and pepper to taste (don’t over salt)
- wooden skewers
- Day before you want to serve, trim pork tenderloin of fat and cut into 3/4″ cubes. Put into a large bowl.
- In a saucepan melt butter.
- Add remaining ingredients to saucepan and simmer 5 min. Cool for a few minutes.
- Pour sauce over meat, cover, leave overnight in the fridge. Turn the meat occasionally. Butter will congeal but that’s fine.
- When ready to serve, put skewers in water for 15 min.
- Remove meat from marinade (reserve the marinade) and put pieces on skewers.
- Heat the remaining marinade in a saucepan and let it reduce while you cook the meat.
- Grill the meat on the BBQ for 15 min on low – med heat. Don’t overcook otherwise meat becomes dry and tough.
- Serve meat and marinade sauce with rice. Serves 6 and leftovers (if any) are great the next day.
Thanks to ENJOY – The Best of Bridge for the recipe!