This recipe comes from my Dad’s aunt. It has definitely stood the test of time!!
- 1 c cracker crumbs (I like Breton’s Garden Vegetable, put in a zip lock and use rolling pin)
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 c ketchup
- 1/4 c water
- 1/2 c white onion, chopped fine
- Preheat Oven to 325
- Put beef, cracker crumbs, milk and salt into a bowl and mix with your hands just until combined.
- Shape into meatballs (about 1 – 1 1/2″) and place in a single layer in an oven proof dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over meat balls to coat them.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve with rice. Recipe be easily doubled, frozen, and left overs are great the next day.
Thanks to Brumfit Family Cookbook Four Generations for the recipe!