Andrew’s find….very yummy!
- 1 package of bacon, thinly sliced into small pieces, fried, drained
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced small
- course salt and ground pepper (pepper medley or steak spice is nice too)
- 2 small packages, or 1 larger package frozen spinach, thawed, and squeezed dry
- 1 cup whole milk (or regular milk plus a couple of tablespoons of whip cream)
- 1/2 c – 1 c sour cream
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1/2 c grated parmessan cheese
- bread cubes, crackers, or pita chips
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Fry onion in 1 tbsp of bacon fat on medium heat. Add salt and pepper. Stir occasionally and cook until translucent…about 8 min.
- Add 1 tbsp flour to onion, stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add spinach, milk, sour cream, and cream cheese. Stir and cook until cream cheese is melted.
- Stir in bacon and parmessan cheese.
- Pour into a baking dish. Bake until bubbly…about 14 minutes.
- Turn on broiler and broil until top browns….about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Thanks to Martha Stewart for the recipe!