- 1/4 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c of nuts, usually pecans or cashews, chopped
- 1 tbsp of brandy, whiskey, rum…what’s ever in the cupboard
- 1 – 4″ round Brie cheese
- Crackers of your choice
- Oven Method – Heat oven to 500F (Broil setting)
- Stir together sugar, nuts, and brandy in a small bowl.
- Place cheese on a broil proof platter, with edges sufficient to keep the sauce contained
- Bake for 4 – 5 minutes until cheese is heated through but not melted.
- Put on topping and bake another 2-3 minutes more until sugar is melted.
- Microwave Method – Stir together sugar, nuts and brandy in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cook uncovered for 1 minute on high or until the sugar is melted.
- Place cheese on a microwave safe platter, with edges sufficient to keep the sauce contained
- Pour sugar mixture over top of the cheese
- Cook uncovered on medium power for about 2 minutes or until cheese is heated through but not melted.
Thanks to Best of Bridge cookbooks.