A great addition to any meal.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 can good quality, high fat coconut milk (don’t go with the light stuff here)
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 heaping tablespoons of dry, shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into a pot set to high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. As soon as it comes to a boil, turn the heat to low and cover with a lid for 20 minutes.
- Do not open the lid for the full 20 minutes!
- After 20 minutes, fluff rice with a fork to make sure all liquid is absorbed. If not, place lid back on and let sit on low for a few more minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Taste the rice and add more salt or shredded coconut as needed. Serve immediately!