Yummy way to have veggies!
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into small wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c uncooked pearl barley
- 1 can cannellini beans or butter beans (soft white beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 c shredded kale or swiss chard or arugula
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamari (gluten free soy sauce) or soy sauce
- Heat oven to 350F
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Arrange the squash, peppers and onion on the sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil and salt.
- Roast until veggies are tender, 30 – 40 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, cover the barley with 3 inches of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again.
- In a large bowl place roasted veggies, barley, and beans.
- Mix balsamic vinegar, olive oil and tamari together. Pour over top of veggies and toss lightly.
- Enjoy at room temperature.
Thanks to Style at Home Magazine