Anyone who has tried this mustard loves it!
- 2 eggs
- 1 c loose Keens Dry Mustard (88 gm package) located in the mustard section of stores
- 3/4 c cold water
- 1/2 c white vinegar
- 3/4 c white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- Choose a heavy bottomed saucepan or double boiler. Break eggs into saucepan and beat with a whisk till frothy.
- Mix cold water and dry mustard together in a small bowl and work out all the lumps.
- Add mustard mixture to saucepan along with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Put saucepan on medium heat and stir constantly for 20 minutes. Mixture should just barely come to bubble stage and will thicken up slightly at the end of 20 min. Don’t let it scorch.
- Makes 3 small jars. Keep in fridge for up to 6 months.
Thanks to my friend Claudette LeBrun for the recipe.