This soup is supposed to prevent colds / flu. Even if it doesn’t…it is delicious! Full recipe makes A LOT!! Consider cutting in half.
- 8 c. Vegetable Stock (Knorr’s or other brand)
- 3 lg chicken breasts cooked, or left over roasted chicken pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 c kale or brocolini or cauliflower, cut into lg pieces
- 2 c bok choy, chopped roughly
- 10 lg mushrooms, cut into lg pieces
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or a few drops of tobasco
- 1 tsp finely chopped tumeric, fresh is best
- 1 tsp pepper medley
- salt to taste
- Heat large soup pot with olive oil.
- Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute’ until onions start to become clear.
- Add chicken pieces and saute’ a couple of more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 20 min.
- Keeps in the fridge for days.
Thanks to some web site I was scrolling through during COVID 19 crisis.