Fluffy and buttery flavour!
- 1/4 tsp good quality saffron threads
- 1/4 c hot water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 c finely chopped onion
- 2 c white basmati rice (no substitutes)
- 3 c chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp salt
- Put saffron threads in a spice mortar. Grind them until powdery.
- Add hot water to mortar. Let the saffron soak for 5 min.
- Rince basmati rice in a collander.
- In a lg pot, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and saute’ for about 10 min., stirring frequently. Onion will start to carmelize.
- Add rinced rice to pot and saute’ for another minute.
- Pour the saffron mixture into the rice.
- Add the stock and salt to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and reduce heat to low. Let the rice cook for 20 minutes
- Turn off the heat but keep the pot covered and continue to let the rice steam for 10 minutes longer.
- Fluff the rice before serving.
Thanks to https://mywebsitehere.com