A healthy and flavourful vegetarian dish for those cold nights!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 hours
Servings 6 servings
Calories 284 kcal
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 2.5 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth if needed)
- 15 oz canned tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of your favourite salsa
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 15 oz can black beans (drained + rinsed)
- 15 oz can pinto beans (drained + rinsed)
- 1 cup corn (fresh, canned, or frozen)
- 3/4 cup dried red lentils
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed tortilla chips
- shredded cheddar or mex-blend cheese
- sliced or diced jalapeños
- chopped red onion
- pico de gallo
- sliced avocado
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream or greek yogurt
SlOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS:
First chop your veggies and measure out the ingredients.
Next add everything except the toppings.
Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours, until dried lentils are cooked through and veggies are tender. My soup was perfect after 5 hours on high.
Add all your favorite toppings and dive in!
Thanks to Peas and Crayons for the recipe!