A little different then using pasta but just as yummy and comforting. Makes you feel slightly better about the calories…lol!
- CAULIFLOWER MIX:
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic power
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or Club House Spicy Pepper Medley
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 c milk
- 4 oz sharp white cheddar cheese block, grated
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese block, grated
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (I prefer fresh garlic, minced!)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- TOPPING (optional)
- 1 1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375F
- Grease a 2 qt casserole dish
- In a large saucepan, saute’ the cauliflower with olive oil and spices. Cook until barely softened. Should still be a little crunchy.
- Remove cauliflower from pan and place in bottom of casserole dish.
- In the same pan, make the cheese sauce by melting the butter.
- Whisk in the flour.
- Add the milk in small amounts and whisk until smooth before adding next portion of milk.
- Once all the milk is incorporated, start adding the cheese in small amounts.
- Whisk until cheese is melted before adding more cheese.
- Season with salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower and stir slightly to make sure cauliflower is well covered.
- Add cheese topping if using. I find it rich enough without adding the topping.
- Bake for about 15 min until sauce starts to bubble. You can broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the top but watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn.
Thanks to willcookforsmiles.com