Tried many rib recipes but this is my favourite. Start it in the morning….delish by dinner time.
- 4 – 5 lbs pork side ribs
- 1 can cheap beer
- 1/4 c soy sauce ( light or dark)
- 1/4 c hoisin sauce
- 1/4 chili paste (Conimex Sambal Oelek Hot Chili Paste)
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/4 c brandy or sherry
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 350F
- Cut the ribs into portions. I usually do 2 rib sections.
- Put ribs in a roasting pan. Pour beer overtop and bake with the lid on for about 45 – 60 min.
- Remove ribs. Clean the roasting pan.
- In a zip lock bag or large bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add in the ribs and make sure that ribs are fully immersed in the marinade.
- Put the mix in the fridge until 1 hr before serving time.
- Take the ribs out, put them and the marinade in the roasting pan.
- Bake for about 45 – 60 min. The sauce should be thick or mostly gone.