We get the spice mix from a box, but it is DELICIOUS!
- 50g (half packet) Punjabi Chana from National Brand
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp crushed chilies or cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Heat oil/ghee in a large saucepan. Fry onions for a minute until soft.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes. Add cumin, coriander, and chili peppers to the pan and stir to combine. Heat through until fragrant.
- Mix yogurt and 1/2 packet of Punjabi Chana spice mix together. Add to pan and heat for a minute or two.
- Add chickpeas and combine everything together thoroughly. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot as a side dish or enjoy on its own!