Crispy on the outside…soft and sweet on the inside!
- olive oil
- Sweet potatoes (yellow) or yams (orange…preferred), peeled and cut into 2″ rounds.
- Seasonings such as garlic powder, or paprika, or Italian seasoning, etc
- 1 c grated parmessan cheese
- Place rounds of sweet potatoe in a large sauce pan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook potatoes until they can barely be pierced with a fork. You want them underdone as there is more cooking to do!
- Drain the water from the potatoes.
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the potatoes on the cookie sheet. Using a meat hammer, or something similar, gently press down on the sweet potatoe rounds to squish them down about 1/2″ or so. They should still be 1″ thick and slightly mashed looking.
- Sprinkle with seasonings of your choice and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until the potatoes start to brown, check the bottoms for browning.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of potatoes.
- Return to oven and increase temperature to 400F.
- Bake potatoes until cheese starts to brown and crisp, about 5 min.
- Remove from oven and serve!
Thanks to Ashley Chhina