This is heavier than plain white rice but way more delicious.
- 3 c chicken or veggie broth
- 1 c wild rice blend
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 c chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 c fresh or dried cranberries
- 1/3 c chopped pecans
- In a medium size sauce pan bring broth to a boil.
- Add the rice and dried seasonings. Reduce heat to simmer, cover with lid, and cook for 45 min until rice is tender.
- In a small frying pan, add the pecans and toast on medium heat until pecans are golden brown. Set pecans aside.
- In same small frying pan, add the olive oil and onion. Cook until just tender.
- Add the cranberries and pecans to onion mixture and stir until mixed.
- Add to the rice mixture and fluff with a fork to combine.
- Serve warm.
Thanks to therecipecritic.com