What could be better than peanut butter, cream cheese, and chocolate!!!
- 25 Oreo cookies, no filling
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/4 c icing sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 c smooth peanut butter
- 16 oz (divided) Cool Whip
- 1/3 c cocoa
- 1 c sugar
- 1/4 c milk
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- For the crust, crush cookies in a food processor until there is small grains. Add the melted butter and continue with the processor until well blended.
- Place crumb mixture into a 9″ pie plate. Flatten the mixture with the bottom of a dry measuring cup to form crust. Place in fridge for 10 min.
- For the filling, in a bowl with electric mixer, add the cream cheese, peanut butter and icing sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Add half the Cool Whip and beat again.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust. Smooth with a spatula
- For the topping, in a medium size sauce pan, bring the cocoa, milk, and sugar to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and cool for 1 minute.
- Add the butter and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Pour most of the topping over the pie filling. Reserve some topping to drizzle over finished pie.
- Refrigerate pie for 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip. Drizzle remaining chocolate topping over Cool Whip.
- Keep pie refrigerated until serving.
Thanks to my friend Ashley.