This is way better than pecan pie! I LOVE all the brown sugar and pecan flavour. These freeze well too.
- 1 c butter, soft
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- PECAN FILLING
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 c chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 c brown sugar
- 3/4 c corn syrup
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350F
- Toast the pecans by melting 2 tbsp butter in a frying pan. Add the pecans and stir until the pecans are golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Lightly spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- To make the crust, in a bowl with the electric mixer, beat the 2 tbsp of butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add the flour and salt and beat until well combined.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal parts and press into each muffin tin cup.
- To make the filling, in a large bowl, stir together the brown sugar, corn syrup, 2 tbsp of melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add the pecans and stir until well coated.
- Spoon the filling into the muffin cups until 3/4 full. You will have leftover filling.
- Bake 15 minutes or until crusts are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Top up each muffin cup with remaining filling.
- Let cool completely before gently removing from pan.
Thanks to my friend Ashley who is willing to try anything new as long as there is sugar in it!!