You could easily replace the pears with peaches or apples. The caramel sauce soaks up in the pudding so I would suggest having some additional caramel sauce (purchased or made) on hand to serve with ice cream or whip cream. Easy to make, easy to serve and feeds a group up to 12.
- 5 cups pears, peeled and chopped chunky
- 2 c flour
- 1 c white sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or more)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (or more)
- 1 c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 3/4 c boiling water
- 1/4 c butter, soft
- Heat oven to 400F. Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, white sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Whisk in the milk and vanilla extract. The mixture will be very thick and gooey.
- Fold in the fruit and mix well.
- Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix the boiling water with the brown sugar and butter. Stir until butter is melted and if need be, put in the microwave for 20 – 30 seconds to melt the butter and fully dissolve the sugar.
- Pour the mixture evenly over top of the cake.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whip cream.
Thanks to https://mywebsitehere.com