A light asian flavour for coleslaw. Goes great with Hoisin Beef Strips.
- Green cabbage, sliced thinly (2/3’s of bowl)
- Purple cabbage, sliced thinly (1/3 of bowl)
- 1-2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- 2-3 tbsp red pepper, chopped finely
- 2-3 tbsp yellow or orange pepper, chopped finely
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 3-4″ of cucumber, sliced into 1″ match sticks
- 1-2 tbsp sesame seeds (put on salad after dressing)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 – 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 3-4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- pinch of red pepper flakes OR 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- Mix all dressing ingredients and taste. Adjust quantities to suit your taste buds.
- Put the dressing on the salad and toss lightly. Sprinkle on sesame seeds.
Thanks to https://spend with pennies.com