Got carrots that have lost their sweetness? This is a great way to use them up. Light and refreshing salad for lunch or dinner.
- 5-6 fairly large carrots, scrubbed
- 1/2 c raisins
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp veggie oil or mild olive oil
- 1 tsp of honey or more to taste, depends on sweetness of carrots
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- trail mix with sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, dried pineapple etc.
- In a large glass bowl, shred the carrot using a medium setting. You can leave the skins on if they are in good condition.
- Add in the raisins. They don’t need plumping as they will absorb some of the dressing.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and add to bowl.
- Toss lightly and chill. Will keep for about 2 days.
- Serve with toppings.
Thanks to https://JuliaFoerster