This is light on dairy products and I use it on Pasta Primevera.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 100 – 250 ml oat milk or oat cream (optional)
- 250 ml container of condensed veggie broth
- 1 c low fat yogurt (2%, 6% or 11%)
- 1 c grated white cheddar (old)
- 2-3 tbsp dried basil or parsley
- 2-3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp pepper medley
- 1 -2 tsp italian seasoning
- pinch of nutmeg and red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp celery salt
- salt / pepper
In a medium sauce pan, add the garlic and coconut milk. Heat on medium heat. Do not let it boil.
Add the veggie broth and oat milk and continue heating on medium.
When mixture is heated through, gradually add the grated cheddar cheese. Stir to incorporate.
Mix the cornstarch with a small amount of water and slowly whisk it into the mixture.
Add the seasonings and adjust to suit your taste. Sauce should be slightly thickened, adjust with more oat milk or more cornstarch.
Pour over Pasta Primevera and serve.