- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed Crushed chili peppers
- 1-2 lbs fresh mussels
- ¼ c finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp anise chopped fine
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp Sambuca
- ½ lemon rind
- Put garlic and onion in a small amount of butter in large frying pan.
- Cook until onion is tender. Add remaining ingredients including mussels.
- Do not use any mussels that have opened prior to cooking.
- Simmer 15 min or until all of the mussels have opened.
- Do not eat any mussels that have not opened after cooking.
Thanks to Eman Oliver for the recipe!