A lovely introduction
3-4 Veggies such as
- Yellow or orange peppers, small pieces
- Red onion or green onion, chunks
- Mushrooms, thick sliced
- Asparagus, cut into pieces
- Green beans, cut into 1” pieces
- Spaghetti squash, cooked and chopped
- Bok Choy, chopped
- Frozen peas
- Pea pods
Meat ½ lb or more of one kind sliced into thin pieces
- Pork tenderloin
- Italian sausage, mild or hot
- Chicken breast or thighs
- 1 cup more or less of whipping cream
- 1/2 cup more or less of milk
- 1-2 tbsp of chicken broth mix, dried
- 1/2 cup or more of shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- parsley, fresh or dried
- basil, fresh or dried
- Fresh ground pepper
- Fresh ground sea salt
- Ground pepper medley
- 1/2 tsp or more of red pepper flakes
- Prepare the vegetables.
- If using carrots, keep them separate so they can be added on their own.
- Start the pasta in boiling salted water.
- Dried pasta takes 10-12 minutes of boiling to cook.
- In a large frying pan (2-3” deep), sprayed with cooking oil, sauté the meat on medium heat.
- Add the garlic when partially cooked and continue cooking until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the cream and milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients to taste.
- If using carrots, add them at this time.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the meat mixture.
- Stir to thoroughly coat the pasta.
- Add the veggies, mix and cover for 2-4 minutes until the veggies start to soften.
- If there isn’t enough sauce, add more cream (to thicken) or milk (to thin) until you get the right amount and consistency.
- Serve with salad with Italian dressing.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!