So easy and so delicious.
- 6 Italian sausages, sliced into 1.2 inch coins (honey garlic goes well with this recipe!)
- Cloves from 2 heads of garlic, peeled
- 1 fennel bulb, peeled and chopped
- 4 or 5 bell peppers (assorted colours), roughly chopped into large chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pasta of choice: bow-tie, penne, or fusilli (long pastas don’t really work with this one)
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C)
- Toss all the ingredients together, except for the balsamic vinegar, in a large baking dish. Mix together until everything is well coated in oil and seasoning.
- Bake, stirring once or twice, for 1 hour.
- In the last 20 minutes, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta of choice according to instructions.
- Remove baking dish from oven and toss in cooked pasta. Stir everything together until well combined. Top with balsamic vinegar and serve!
Thanks to Michael Smith for the recipe!