An oldie but goodie!!
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, bite size pieces
- 1 c pecan halves – toasted
- 1 large navel orange, peeled, seeded and chopped OR 2 tins of mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1/4 c vinegar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt (or slightly more)
- 1/2 c – 3/4 c chopped red onion
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tbsp water
- Place lettuce and oranges in large salad bowl and keep chilled till ready to serve.
- In blender add vinegar, sugar, oil, salt, onion, mustard, and water. Blend till smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, toss salad with enough dressing to lightly coat romaine. You will have lots of dressing left over to use with fresh fruit or another salad.
- Top with pecans and serve.
Thanks to https://Best of Bridge cook book series