This is probably the only good tofu recipe in existence. It’s a vegan twist on the baked feta dish making its round on TikTok right now.
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked in 1/2 cup warm water (at least 30 minutes)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2tsp onion powder
- Pinch of cayenne and paprika (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1/2 red onion, chopped into bite sized pieces
- Pasta of choice, cooked according to directions. I opted for edamame noodles to make this completely vegan.
- Heat oven to 400F
- In a food processor, blend tofu, cashews, garlic, vinegar, and spices together.
- I’m not going to lie, I didn’t really measure the ingredients. The original recipe’s ingredients resulted in a really bland mash, so I adjusted the ingredients until I got something I liked the taste of. I guessed at the measurements here, but I’m sure it’s pretty close. Anyways – add whatever you want until it tastes good to you!
- Pour “feta” mixture into the middle of a square baking dish lined with oil. Add cherry tomatoes and onions all around the rest of the dish.
- Top everything with salt, pepper, and pesto sauce (drizzled on top).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until tomatoes are well roasted and popped.
- Cook pasta according to instructions. I went with edamame noodles.
- Mix the pasta and baked “feta” together. Serve hot and top with more pesto and sun-dried tomatoes if available!
Thanks to Cassey Ho for the recipe!