For appie nights!! Makes 18 tartlets.
- 1 pkg frozen puff pastry
- large round of regular brie cheese (6-8″)(do not buy double cream brie, it is too soft for baking with)
- cranberry sauce (I make my own but purchased works too)
- sea salt
- Heat oven to 425F
- Use a non-stick muffin tin. Check the size… mine are 2 1/2″ wide. You will need to cut your pastry about 1/2″ wider than your muffin tin size.
- Thaw the puff pastry according to directions on the package.
- Cut the puff pastry block in 1/2 (along the pre-cut line).
- Roll out the puff pastry to 10″ x 10″. Cut off any rough or dry edges.
- Cut the pastry into 9 equal pieces (roughly 3″x 3″) and line muffin tins. Do the same process with the other 1/2 of the puff pastry package.
- Cut the brie into two rounds (through the middle to separate into halves). Trim the rind off the outer edges. Leave the rind on the bottom of the rounds.
- Cut the brie into 3/4″ – 1″ squares. Place 1 piece into each tin.
- Spoon 2-3 cranberries and a small amount of sauce..barely enough to cover bottom … into each pastry shell.
- Pull each of the 4 corners to the center sealing each overlap with a dab of sauce…I use my finger dabbed into sauce. You may also pinch the outer edges to slow the puff pastry from opening up too much.
- Bake for 15 minutes and check progress. Depending on your oven, it may need another 2-5 minutes. Pastry should be lightly browned.
- Lift the tartlets out of the muffin tin IMMEDIATELY after removing them from the oven otherwise the brie / cranberry mix may stick to the pan.
- Sprinkle a small amount of sea salt onto tartlets while they are warm.
- Serve tartlets slightly warmed or room temperture.
Thanks to https://mywebsitehere.com